In December 2002, fire completely destroyed the interior of St. Catherine’s Church, originally built in Fairview, MT in 1910. While the parish coped with a temporary home in the relatively cramped quarters of the Razzle Dazzle building, the faith community of Fairview rallied support, financially and spiritually, and decided to rebuild. The site was blessed on June 27, 2004 on the lot immediately to the west of the old church site. Construction began in the fall of that year and was completed in late spring of 2005. The altar, and a few other items, were salvaged from the old church and lovingly cleaned and placed in the new church. Many items were donated from area churches, businesses, and individuals. Fr. Greg Staudinger celebrated the first Mass in the new church on Pentecost Sunday in May. On August 14, 2005, Bishop Anthony Milone presided at the Dedication of the new St. Catherine’s, risen indeed from ashes. With the extraordinary efforts and financial generosity of so many people, this beautiful building truly represents a place “where all are welcome” to worship and celebrate the Grace of our Lord.
This web site was constructed beautifully by Mandy (Wheeler) Nagel, who provides extraordinary technical and spiritual support. It is made possible by funding from the David Wheeler Memorial Fund.